Water Services and Quality Complaints

For questions related to water services, water service accounts, water quality complaints (discoloured water, low pressure, taste/odour), or general inquiries related to your local water distribution system, please contact your local municipal office.

General Inquiries

For inquiries related to water treatment, the quality of water supplied to area municipalities, and the protection of the water supply system’s source waters:


Find us on Facebook

WRITELake Huron & Elgin Area Primary Water Supply Systems
235 North Centre Road, Suite 200
London, ON, N5X 4E7


Public Tours

Public tours of the water treatment plants may be provided, by appointment only, for educational purposes.  Tours are typically provided to high school, college and university students, as well as public interest civic groups.

Please note the following conditions for public tours:

  • A request to tour the water treatment plant may be submitted by telephone, in writing (including e-mail and fax), or in person.
  • Requests for tours must be submitted at least thirty (30) calendar days prior to the requested tour date.
  • Tours will be conducted Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm, excluding Statutory Holidays.  Tours may be conducted outside of these hours subject to staff availability.
  • All tour participants must wear closed toe shoes (i.e. sandals and “flip-flops” are NOT allowed).
  • The water treatment plants do not meet accessibility standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (e.g. not wheelchair accessible) and persons with disabilities cannot be accommodated on a tour of the water treatment plant.
  • Tours may be cancelled at any time if unsafe conditions develop, or at the discretion of the tour guide.
  • Tour participants will be required to sign a release form (see below).

For further information regarding tours or to schedule a tour, please contact our office at:


Career Opportunities

Both the Lake Huron and Elgin Area water treatment and transmission systems are operated under contract with the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA).  OCWA is responsible for providing certified water treatment plant operators and other staff to work at these facilities.  Career opportunities with OCWA are posted on their website

For other career opportunities in the drinking water sector, please visit:

Ontario Water Works Association – Careers
Ontario Municipal Water Association – Career Opportunities

For municipal job postings in London and the surrounding area, please visit the career opportunities page of the local municipality.


In the event of an emergency that may affect the Lake Huron Primary Water Supply System or Elgin Area Primary Water Supply System, please notify:

Lake Huron Water Treatment Plant

Elgin Area Water Treatment Plant

Pipeline Locates

Excavation activity could result in serious damage to our water transmission pipelines.  Prior to ground disturbance, contact Ontario One Call to request a locate in the vicinity of your work area.  It is recommended that locates are requested 30 days in advance of a planned excavation.

Ontario One Call

Ontario One Call (ON1Call)